Facilitating Online Computer Science Learning
The facilitator effectively creates learning environments and supports for students to successfully meet online learning objectives.
There are key facilitator actions, responsibilities, and strategies that must occur before the class begins, during the class, and at the end of the class to ensure successful facilitation and the ability for each student to meet course objectives.
- Become familiar with course platform
- Complete lesson/activities before students
- Develop a pacing guide/course calendar
- Modification for self-paced learning
- Ensure all students are able to login, troubleshoot login issues
- Set clear expectations
- Provide guidance and direction to students when needed
- Identify available technical supports/tutors
- School tech staff
- Student experts
- Professional Learning Network
- Model/Demonstrate activities when necessary
- Encourage students to access peer supports
- Provide positive encouragement and formative feedback
- Monitor student progress, participation, assessment results, etc.
- Ensure individual needs of students are equitably met
- Select, identify, and/or develop tools and resources to support student learning and success
- Enforce norms for collective behavior
- Ask for feedback from students and make changes accordingly
- Record any issues and resolutions (content provider, local technology, etc.)
- Review student feedback/results
- Engage in self-reflection for personal and professional growth
- Reflect on and plan for future changes and modifications to ensure equity
- Provide formative feedback to provider(s)
No Reviews found for this course.